I have been trying out these suggestions myself. I haven’t been able to do all of them (I still have to buy some pear and daikon.), but I have been faithfully eating ginger and soaking my feet in leek water. I am curious to see how this makes me feel come winter.
Boosting Younger Yang Qi to Protect and Nourish Your Yin Qi!
Strong Yang Qi gives you the foundation for a strong and vibrant life. The form (body, organs, etc.) is Yin Qi, we need Yang Qi to animate and bring to life. In our fast paced modern society, we drain and consume our Yang Qi on a daily basis. In order to support the Young Yang Qi, here are some suggestions:
1. Eat 2-3 slices of fresh ginger root each morning after breakfast. Do not eat in the evening, morning only.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods, especially high fiber whole grains. Avoid cold and raw foods.
3. Look at the sun rising and the sun setting.
4. Eat pear and/or daikon in the evening.
5. Soak your feet in warm water with the white part of the leek for 10-15 minutes.
6. Drink 1 cup warm water when you first wake up and 1/2 cup warm water before bed.
Image credit: © Dietmar Rabich, rabich.de (edited by Sting), CC BY-SA 4.0, Wikimedia Commons