- California State Acupuncture License
- Certified Sports Medicine Acupuncturist
- Diplomate in Chinese Medicine, National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists
- Certificate of Clean Needle Technique, Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Certificate of TCM Training Program, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- International Institute of Chinese Medicine: Santa Fe, NM
- Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine: Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- University of California: Santa Cruz, CA
- Sports Medicine Certification Program San Diego, CA
- Expert Advisor for the California Acupuncture Board 2003-2006
- Volunteer at the Charlotte Maxwell Clinic for treatment of low-income women with cancer 2004-2009.
In her downtime Sara enjoys hikes with her dog, laughing with her daughter, volunteering to support the local environment and dancing with friends.