Nourish Your Kidney Yin
As we enter the Winter season, people may experience more yin depletion. Master Liu He advises all students at this time to nourish your Kidney Yin and not bother your Kidney Yang. With sufficient Yin energy, just as in a stage of pregnancy, the Yang can then give a healthy birth in Spring. Winter is considered a time for storage, just as nature and animals take this time to hibernate. She stated, if you do not preserve your Yang Qi, all the Spring diseases will occur such as: cold hands & feet, Yang Qi will not be able to rise the entire year, difficult digestion, allergies, etc.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Think less and slow down your daily activities/lifestyle.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods. Avoid cold and raw foods.
3. Eat chicken soups and oysters.
4. Go to bed early and get up late.
5. Shower/bathe less – no more than 3 times per week (Especially not a sauna; avoid excess sweat.)
6. Soak your feet in hot water with sea salt for 20 minutes at night.